I am really sorry if question look stupid, but I am a novice with OCS and particularely with a GLPI.
I already installed an old version of OCS which works for some year. Now I reinstalled the last version of OCS to have a new fresh inventory of my PC, Mac and linux.
My needs are simple: to have an inventory of my devices to have a quick overview of the avalability of specification of my devises. I will not use all of the sepcification of OCS.
Without the GLPI, I think, OCS provide all of I mainly need
- Listing all of my workstation
- To have a tag with the workstation location (need to easy modify it if the workstation move)
- To have a tag, showing if the workstation is in use or available for a new collaborators
- Periodicaly update the inventory of the hardware change
I installed the GLPI on a testing server, and I observed there is many other functionnaliies as
- Ticket / assistance
All seems to be interresting but it's not necessary for me.
I could install the OCS plugin and I imported the two inventoried PC from OCS. The two PC are now showed in the GLPI web application. However, I observed that in OCS the 'last inventory' date is today, and in the GLPI, the date is the 6 of April 2017. It's important that the records are automatically updated from OCS to GLPI.
- what are the other benefits of GLPI vs OCS
- What is exactely the difference with OCS
- How can I make sure that all GLPI records are updated
- How can I automatically import record from OCS to GLPI, when a new workstation is added to OCS?
I thank you for all advises you can provide to me in order to correctly use GLPI with OCS in the best way.