Welcome to OCS Inventory NG community support, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Please ask questions only in English or French.

Release 2.6 available

The official documentation can be found on http://wiki.ocsinventory-ng.org. Read it before asking your question.

Unable to login after server update

Hi,

I just updated my OCS NG server (debian Jessie) from version 2.0.5 to the latest 2.3, everything went OK during update.

When i want to log in ocsreports i always get an invalid user or password message with every user, when I check the error apache logs, this only error occurs when I try to log in :

[Tue Aug 22 11:40:05.486848 2017] [:error] [pid 16151] [client XX.XX.XX.XX:XX] PHP Warning:  mysqli_fetch_object() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /usr/share/ocsinventory-reports/ocsreports/backend/AUTH/methode/local.php on line 27, referer: https://XX.XX.XX/ocsreports/index.php

Can anyone tell me what's going wrong when trying to authenticate and how to fix it ?

The database is OK, I can see my users in the operator table and my hardware also. Communication server works fine, I see my clients contacting the server in the logs

Thank you for your replies

in OCS Inventory NG server for Unix by (280 points)

4 Answers

0 votes
Hi Matou.

I'm upgrading from 1.3.3 version and I have the same problem.

Did you success to solve it?
by (280 points)
0 votes
Hi @all,

it seems to me that the OCS server update must be done version by version, do not by-pass a release (files / tables may have been forgotten).

Regards, St├ęphane
by (26.4k points)
0 votes

Hi all,

I didn't try again since last summer, I will update my server to Stretch and try again (release 2.4 is available since my last try).

Disproquima, maybe an issue about database formatting, since 1.3.3, the database is UTF-8 encoded, I found it having a quick look in the how-to section on the wiki

by (280 points)
0 votes
In the guide for migration from 1.3.3 to 2.0 the UTF8 conversion is done after run the installation wizard.

And in the script to convert to UTF8 there are sentences for not existing tables in 1.3.3 version (all snmp).

Anyway I could try to convert present tables in 1.3.3 to UTF8 and try to update to 2.4, but I don't believe it works correcty.

On the other hand I've found a solution. I've readed the SQL scripts presents in 2.0 files folder and I extracted all sentences that creates new tables, update the present ones and all insert sentences for not existing rows in 1.3.3.

After this manual update I could run the database with 2.4 and all seems to work correctly. I believe I must convert all tables now to UTF8 to avoid problems.
by (280 points)
 
Powered by Question2Answer
...