Welcome to OCS Inventory NG community support, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Please ask questions only in English or French.

Release 2.11.1 available

The official documentation can be found on http://wiki.ocsinventory-ng.org. Read it before asking your question.

Vmware plugin : No Data in Database

Good day,

I Installed OCS 2.7 on RHEL 7.8
All is working well except the Vmware plugin :

My agent is correctly creating the tables in the MariaDB  and getting results from my vCenter Appliance (VCSA). Though, the Database tables remain empty.
I installed perl-SOAP-Lite because I thought this was the cause of the problem but it does not seem to help :

If I run my agent with the command :

And I check the results like this :

I can see that all the VMWARE entries are well created in the XML file, with the details of the 3 datastores, etc. :

Though, in my Web Browser, I cannot see any entries in the Vcenter Plugin tables :

Same problem if I directly query the DB :

Any idea ?
I'm struggling with that problem since days :(

Many thanks !!
Cheers !

in OCS Inventory NG plugins by (400 points)

7 Answers

0 votes
I think there is generally problem with the plugins and the v2.7

I updated my server (CentOS 7) from 2.6 to 2.7 and now i can't get the plugins to work.

When i tried to update the first time, all I got was the login screen and after that, a blank page.


So, i tried the rpm installation and everything seemed OK


Then i realized that the miscellaneous section with the extensions, was not updated.

At the time, i had 2.4 agent, so i updated and tried the latest 2.6 agent.

But no, nothing changed, so i started my server from scratch (no backups kept) and installed again with the rpm, but the problem remained.

No errors at the agent or the httpd. I enabled the debug on ocs and everything seems fine. I even modified one vbs plugin to export the values to a log file, to ensure that OCSInventory.exe runs it and has any values. The table in the database exists but it is empty.

I also enabled general query logs at mariadb, but i can't find in the log file any query related to the plugins.

Previous 2.6 was working fine.
by (220 points)
0 votes
Exactly the same behavior... No error nowhere in any of the logs. I enabled verbose logging wherever I could but can't see anything wrong.
Just hope it won't be the same with all other plugins; I was planning to test quite a bunch of them..
Maybe I should revert back to 2.6

Cheers !
by (400 points)
0 votes
We are out of luck. I've tested 14 different plugins...
by (220 points)
0 votes
Well, there is an extra step for the plugins that needs to be installed on the Communication server.


Now the extensions started to work, not all of them, but it's a start...
by (220 points)
0 votes
I'll try today to revert back to 2.6 and see if things get better...
by (400 points)
+1 vote
by (88.5k points)
0 votes
Yes, I just saw it an hour ago :-)
I'm installing it...

Hope it will work.
Thanks !

by (400 points)
Powered by Question2Answer