My environment is as follows:
- OS Name: Linux x86_64
- Version: 4.15.0-112-generic
- RAM installed: 3001 MB
- Free RAM: 677 MB
- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz
- Distribution: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
- PHP Version : 7.2.24
- Web Server : Apache/2.4.46 (Ubuntu)
- Database Server : mariadb.org binary distribution version 10.3.17-MariaDB-1:10.3.17+maria~bionic-log
- Version OCSReports: 2.8 (update form 2.6)
I have CVE enabled and set:
- VULN_CVESEARCH_HOST: http://localhost:5000
When I run the cron_cve.php script manually, in the script console I get entries similar to this:
- Processing FNMT-RCM softwares....
And in the cve-search server console i can see one entry for each query made by the cron_cve.php script
- 127.0.0.1 - - [09/Oct/2020 10:37:10] "GET /api/search/fnmtrcm/configurador_fnmt HTTP/1.1"
The problem is that there is one entry for each computer that has the software installed, even if it is the same software, in the same version and installed on computers with the same operating system.
I have 500 OCS clients with the same operating system and 90% of the software installed on them is the same, in the same versions, so the time taken for the script is several days ...
I think that if the queries were done only once per different software and version, the execution time would be reduced to a few hours
Is it correct that the script works as described?
is there any reason to submit all these requests?