I want, I want, I want : it never worked !
For OCS, you need :
- a server (under Linux, if you can use Debian)
- setting of Apache, certificate, dns resolution
- on each computer, an agent (under or equal the OCS version)
- setting of the agent
For troubleshooting, look
- agent Windows : log %programdata%\OCS Inventory NG\Agent\ocsinventory.log (and download.log)
- agent Linux : variable logfile in ocsinventory-agent.cfg : usually logfile=/var/log/ocsinventory-client/ocsinventory-agent.log (use --debug or debug=1)
- server : log apache : usally /var/log/apache2/access.log
- server : log OCS : probably /var/log/ocsinventory-server/activity.log
Be patient, acquire knowledge need some time ... it's not magic !